Chateau Jemniste - the first news of Jemnišsě dates back to the year 1381. At that time the owner of the manor was Beneš of Cimburk, who started to write from Jemniště according to the name of the village located here. The manor of course was not this château but a fortress surrounded by a moat, which is located in the nearby village up to now (see old chateau). In 1717 the manor was bought by Count Frances Adam of Trauttmansdorff, originally from an old Styrian family. The château in the village did not suit his tastes and demands. That is why about the year 1724, he had a new château built on a nearby hillock. The new château better fit his taste and standing as a pre-eminent aristocrat.
The main designer of the project was the famous Czech architect Frances Maxmilián Kanka.