Buchenwald concentration camp was a Nazi concentration camp established on the Etter Mountain near Weimar in Germany and one of the largest and first camps on German soil (1937-1945). Camp prisoners worked primarily as forced labour in local armament factories. This picture shows the GDR (German Democratic Republic) memorial, built on the south slope of the Ettersberg between 1954 and 1958. This sculpture is dedicated to the resistance struggle carried out within the camp.
Photo Taken On: October 11th, 2008