Blarney House, situated just 200 yards south of the great castle itself, is Blarney's newest treasure. It is one of the most elegant and gracious of the Great Houses of Ireland. A family home now tastefully restored to its former glory. Built in 1874 it is beautifully situated overlooking Blarney Lake. It contains a fine collection of early furniture, family portraits, tapestries and works of a.