Jocelyn Gate, McLennan's Arch, Glasgow Green
Originally built in 1792 as the centre-piece of the facade of Robert and James Adam's Assembly Rooms which once stood in Ingram Street in Glasgow, the McLennan Arch was reconstructed at the northeast end of Greendyke Street, in the Barras district of the city, by John Carrick in 1892, when the Assembly Rooms were demolished. The arch bears the inscription Presented to his fellow citizens by Bailie James McLennan MP, who had given the money to permit it to be moved.
Black and white color of the picture giving historical atmosphere to the photo.
Photo Taken On: April 28th, 2012