You have to login first in order to be able to post messages.
Click here to login or register if you are a new user.

U.S. tax policy

I'm in South Africa, which has a 0% treaty with the U.S. I'm trying to get photos from the "unfinished" section to screening but I can't get to the editing area without filling in a tax form. I've only got 4 photos online and 1 sale. Is there a way I could bypass this block without filling in the form until I have more money? With $1.35 it'll take a while until I can get payed, right now I don't think it's worth it for me to go register for an ITIN number and do all this admin until I have a more substantial amount of money. Can this block be bypassed? Please help.
Thanks in advance
Posted: 01/13/2014, 10:16:49 AM
Everyone has to fill out some kind of form. This page might help answer your tax questions - Tax Center
Edited: 01/13/2014, 10:24:42 AM
I understand that I will need to fill out a form, but can filling it out be postponed until I have more money?
Posted: 01/13/2014, 10:26:47 AM
I'm also from SA but would suggest you fill out the W-8 BEN form. I don't know about the ITIN number as I understand that is for those working in US but are not US citizens. Could someone clarify?

Also, how do you show the Taxman your earnings from DT? I.e. if you are an international contributor and have to provide documents regarding your earnings here, how do you show it if you don't receive an IRP5/IT3?
Canon 650D, 100mm L IS USM Macro, 50mm f1.4 Samsung NX300, 18-55mm, 3...
Posted: 09/09/2014, 09:59:09 AM